Monday, April 09, 2007

Lisa Today – Easter 2007

Select Specialty Hospital
Phoenix, AZ

There are times when ones child makes one proud, and Michael was indeed an Angel during Easter Services at St. Joseph’s Hospital Chapel last Sunday. He was almost attentive, well I shouldn’t go that far, but he didn’t squirm around, chirp or cry. Richard reported, “He was with us, Lisa and me, and I felt blessed and I believe Lisa did too.”

Lisa’s weight loss is now under control, and we’re all pleased with that. Her caloric intake was increased and is being very carefully monitored. She is expected to show progress with her weight soon. Her therapy continues as are all of the other services we’ve come to expect. In the picture below, Mary Francis and Moira are shown with Michael; it is a wonderful picture because it typifies the relationship he has with them and the other hospital staff. It occurs to me just how much a part of his life that these wonderful people have become over the past 14-months. And, I am so grateful to them for the warmth and nurturing kindness he receives from all the wonderful folks who take care of Lisa at the Select Specialty Hospital in Phoenix.

Sherry took Michael to the pool several times this past week, I came along too, but it was really Sherry and Michael’s deal. Among her many skills, being a certified swimming instructor is one. To say he took to the swimming pool like a duck to water would be an understatement… he loved it. The water temperature was 84 degrees and the air temp was 90, perfect! There’s something special swimming in an outdoor pool in early April that is a real turn on, after living in Illinois and Iowa for most of my life. The thing is he has these big blue eyes and golden curly hair that strangely affects the ladies. It is something I certainly never experienced! I’ll illustrate some of his charm in the picture of him (on the right) eating his morning tooth brush.

I took too long between updates, and I apologize to you for not keeping you current. I now realize that a little bit news is much, much better than no news so I have rededicated myself to crank out one of these weekly.

Michael
mlwintory@msn.com