Saturday, January 20, 2007

LISA TODAY - January 20, 2007

Now for something different, here is a personal letter meant for you from Lisa's brother (David) and his Family...

From my wife Suzanne, my son Collin and my daughter Rylee we would would like to take this moment and say thank you.

Thank you to those of you who have made a donation to my sister's leave.

Thank you to those of you who stop by and visit with my sister daily.

Thank you to the doctors, caregivers, nurses and friends who help her in her rehab and constantly remind her that she is a fighter and she will win this battle.

Thank you to those of you who keep Richard going so he can help fight with my sister. It is truly amazing what everyone has done in this time of need. You have given Lisa so many days to continue her fight and also have helped ease some of the pressures from Richard so he can focus on working on that which needs to be done to help Lisa. It is a battle that they can't fight alone. It takes all 3 of them to help her. It takes all of us to stop and remember that it is our responsibility to do what we need to do so that Lisa can someday be an active part of their lives again. Michael gets crazy when he sees his mother and remember that you are a part of Richard, Lisa's and Michael's life. You are doing amazing things. Even a simple positive thought can move mountains.

Many of you we will never meet. But please understand this...you will never be out of our thoughts and prayers. Good things happen to good people and I believe in my mind and heart that you have done something simply awesome and truly incredible. I pray and hope that your lives will be touched and blessed in the way that you have touched and blessed Lisa, Richard and Micheal "the wild one" Wintory.

I am truly grateful for what you have done and I hope that I can carry on the spirit of doing what is right for other people when they or their family is in a time of need such as ours. I think everyone that has been affected by this tragedy has learned a lesson. I have learned many. I have learned lessons that I will pass on to my children and hopefully carry on what has been done here. I have learned that I can't be selfish and try to get Lisa better for my own needs...it's for her and her family. It's for Richard. It's for Michael. I had the best 35 years of my life with my sister. Now I start the journey of the next 35 + years of my life with my sister, not in a way I would have thought it would ever be...but I still have my sister. That was the deal I made. I told her to stick around and I will do the best that I can for her, Richard and Michael.

Your generosity, donations, thoughts and prayers have made it possible for Lisa and Richard to make it partially through yet another hurdle in their time of need. There may never be a chance for us to sit down and individually thank each and everyone of you who have done so many things for Lisa, Richard and Michael but please understand this once again...We appreciate all of the support and love for this family. I can't begin to thank you enough from the bottom of our hearts.

And once again....thank you for your unconditional support. It will never be forgotten.

David, Suzanne, Collin and Rylee Goodspeed

Michael (mlwintory@msn.com)