Monday, June 19, 2006

Lisa Today


June 18, 2006
Phoenix, AZ

Barrow Neurological Institute is an internationally renowned medical center that offers care for people with brain and spine diseases, disorders and injuries. http://www.thebni.com/home.asp

Lisa, after 12-weeks, graduated from Select Specialty Care Hospital on Friday, June 16, 2006. The occasion was an event we celebrate and one that Lisa worked diligently towards since March 24th. This graduation, like most, needed a statement of farewell, and Lisa’s class of one, elected her to perform the valedictory address. Her speech may have gone, in part, something like this: “I want to recognize and thank all of the medical staff, professional nurses, LPN’s, NA’s, physical, occupational, and speech therapists, housekeepers, respiratory therapists, unit secretaries, the chaplain and everyone, whom I may not have mentioned, but who helped me get to this point in my recovery at Select Specialty Care Hospital.
From the beginning, Richard has been beside me, along with my Mom, Family and Friends. They’ve done for me what I couldn’t do for myself, and helped me with encouragement, and applause for my small victories, and never gave up on me. I also want to thank you for telling my story to your colleagues and friends, but especially for the constant prayers, well wishes, cards, letters, emails, phone calls and visits. God Bless you all. God Bless you all.

Dr. Christine Kwasnica decided Lisa’s transfer to the Barrow Neurological Institute on Friday. The hundreds of greeting cards that covered Lisa’s hospital room walls were carefully removed and stored in boxes for transport to her new room, as were her personal effects. Mike, a certified nurse assistant, took Lisa by gurney… with Sherry, baby Michael and me in tow, to the new facility. Lisa’s new address is: Barrow Institute, 350 Thomas Road, Room 08, Phoenix, AZ 85013-4409 (602) 406-3000. Her new hospital room is quite nice, and is close to everything she will need. The staff was very helpful in getting her settled and comfortable. Here is the part I liked the most, Richard is permitted to remain overnight with Lisa and Michael in her room. And, Richard took advantage of it this weekend. He flew in to Phoenix from Oklahoma for his first Father’s Day.

Sherry and I keep telling each other that “it’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” I say to her, “Ya, know, it’s not the heat…..” BS It’s the heat! LOL

Till next time,

Michael
mlwintory@msn.com

A foot discovered, is a foot tasted------->
Michael today, June 19, 2006